Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dish | Weeknight Spaghetti

I know it's starting to get hot outside but sometimes I have those moods where I want something that reminds of home. When my mom makes spaghetti she lets the sauce cook the day before and simmer throughout the day before we actually eat it. I don't know about you but sometimes I just don't have the patience or the willpower to let that tasty aroma taunt me! So I came up with a faster alternative, while it may not be better then Moms (let's face it nothing ever is!) it helps to calm my cravings! :)

Ingredients
(1) Pound Ground Turkey
(1) Package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage- Hot
(1) Medium Onion
(1) Can of Tomato Paste
(1) Small Can of Tomato Sauce
Heavy Whipping Cream (You can use Evaporate Milk if you want to go healthier!)
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

Start by cutting up the onion and sauteing over medium heat, once this is done set aside. I cook the ground turkey and the Italian Sausage all together until they are no longer pink and then drain all of the grease!
Next combine your meat, sauteed onion and can of tomato paste stirring constantly until the paste is evenly distributed. Once this is done pour in the can of Tomato Sauce and stir, then I pour in about 1/4 of a cup to 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream into the mixture, this adds a little more flavor to the sauce!
While the sauce simmers a little bring a pot of salt water to a boil and add pasta of your choice, I use spaghetti noodles but you can really use whatever you prefer the most!
Combine the noodles with the meat sauce, salt and pepper to taste and top off with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment