Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Turn Your Leftover Wine Bottles into Custom Vases

Can't afford to buy new vases? Have a couple of friends who enjoy their wine? Then what better solution then to make your own vases from wine vases!

Start by cleaning and DE-labeling your left over bottles. I filled up my sink with soapy water and let the bottles soak overnight, that way when you go to remove the labels they just kind of peel off and leave no glue residue.
Now comes the fun part, pick out the spray paint color of your choice and take your wine bottles outside. I put down a layer of newspaper and began spraying. It takes an hour or so for the paint to dry so I would continue to go out until I felt I had layered the paint enough so you would not see the wine bottle anymore, in total I did about 3 layers!
Once the bottles were completely dry I did run them under the water gently, just to get any of the dust that may have blown on them off!
Then just add the floral arrangement of your choice and voila! you have homemade (and cheap) vases!!

No comments:

Post a Comment