Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Dish | Chicken Cacciatore

A quick Italian- American dish! I took a day trip to Myrtle Beach this past Saturday to visit one of my college roommates and when I got back into town my boyfriend suggested that we cook something instead of going out for dinner. However, he didn't want to come up with what we were going to cook. So using my all recipes app on my ipad I plugged in what I had in my pantry and voila Chicken Cacciatore! I changed up the original recipe, taking out the Mushrooms and tweaking the measurements based on my taste and the end result was the perfect Saturday night meal!








Ingredients
Olive Oil
1 Pound Chicken
1 Red Onion
1 Yellow Pepper
3 Cloves of Garlic
Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Cup Chicken Broth
15 oz Can f Diced Tomatoes (with Juice)
Basil
Rosemary
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
Spaghetti Noodles
Parmesan Cheese

Heat about 2 tables of olive oil over medium high heat. Cut your chicken into smaller pieces and season all sides with salt and pepper, I like a lot of pepper so I was very generous with it! Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown, then turn over and do the same to the other side. Once the chicken is browned, remove to a plate and set aside.
Add about another tablespoon to your pan and throw in your diced onion and yellow pepper, sauteing until transparent, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about another minute. I'm not a huge fan of red pepper flakes so I didn't add too many to mine, but you can use your best judgement! Then stir in the wine and cook until the mixture is almost completely reduced (aka the liquid has almost completely evaporated). Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and a couple sprigs of rosemary and bring to a simmer. Once the mixture is bubbling a little add the chicken back in, reduce the heat to medium/low, cover and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the mixture and increase the heat to high, stirring occasionally until the liquid has thickened. Season with salt, pepper and add in the Balsamic Vinegar and chopped basil. Then combine with your chicken and serve over spaghetti noodles with grated Parmesan cheese!   

Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment