Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Design | Greg Otto

Having grown up in Baltimore I still have a deep love for the city even though I haven't lived there for the past 4 years. It's where my entire family lives, many of my friends from high school still reside there and more importantly it's the home of the Raven's (Superbowl champs 2013!!). That being said I love anything and everything that reminds me of my home city, including my old neighbor and artist Greg Otto. 
I love how bright and bold his artwork is, giving the streets of Baltimore a whole new light. 
He has paintings of storefronts, skyscrapers, monuments and many of his postcards can be found circulating throughout the city. In the past couple of years he has moved onto another city- Chicago- with his pop off the canvas prints. 
I personally have two of his prints hanging in my bedroom and I am obsessed with them!! I guess it's my own personally way of bringing Baltimore to North Carolina. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment