Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dish | Blueberry Cobbler- Perfect for Summer!

I made this while my oven roasted chicken was cooking, it was kind of a spur of the moment dish, but I happened to have all of the ingredients and what better on a cool summer night then Blueberry Cobbler! I've never made cobbler before and I have to say this is one of the easiest dishes I've made! Again it was boyfriend approved so in my book that makes it a keeper!







Ingredients
(3) Cups Fresh Blueberries
(2/3) Cup of Sugar
(2) TBSP Cornstarch
(3/4) Cup of Water
(1) TSP Melted Butter
(1) TSP Cinnamon
(1) Cup Sifted Flour
(1 1/2) TSP of Baking Powder
(1/2) TSP of Salt
(1/3) Cup Milk
(3) TBSP of Melted Butter


Pre-Heat Oven to 425
In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, stir in water. Bring this to a boil; stirring constantly, boil for approximately 1 minute or until all ingredients have melted. Add Blueberries to the sugar mixture.

Pour mixture into a lightly buttered 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle (1) TSP of butter over everything.
Stir together the flour ( I don't own a sifter so I used a noddle strainer and it worked just as well!) baking powder, and salt. Pour the milk and (3) TBSP of melted butter into a measuring cup and stir to combine, pour into flour mixture at the same time. Stir until the moisture is absorbed and forms a ball. Drop spoonfuls onto Blueberry mixture. I thought that the dough would spread out more when it cooked but it didn't so I would recommend evenly distributing the dough over all of the blueberries.
 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown and serve with vanilla ice cream while still hot!

Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment