Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Design | California Dreamin'

Have you ever wandered the internet and stumbled upon a picture only to think "Wow I would love to live there!" Granted I get that feeling quiet often but something felt different when I found this newly renovated house by Dirk Denison in California's Carmel by the sea. The house seemed to exude personality, interior rhythm and a sense of serenity. 
How can I house do that you ask? Maybe I'm crazy or maybe just maybe this house is just the work of an architectural genius! 






 Who wouldn't want a courtyard in their house?!

Photos via Architectural Digest
 
Whats your opinion, does this house not scream serenity? Or am I just crazy?!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading Architectural Digest through you, instead of the actual magazine. You pick out the best parts so I don't have to! lol This house is stunning. You are right it really exudes personality. Its so clean, but not scary like many modern houses can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah well you're welcome!! Sometimes Architectural Digest can be too wordy for me so I pick the architects/architecture I like and simplify it! Basically I want to live in almost every house they have in the magazine :)

    ReplyDelete