Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

Bookshelves are one of those underrated spaces but when done right and properly organized they can actually make a huge impact. This past weekend I got in the spring cleaning/organization mode and decided to tackle my small bookshelf in my room.
Here are a few things to make the space feel more personal, unique and functional!
  • Include Pictures and Special Pieces- Since my walls are cream colored and the bookshelf is white I picked picture frames that had color or detail so they would pop more.
  • Keep books on a tilt or even lay them on their side, it creates different angles and everything doesn't look so uniform.
  • Group similar items together, it makes things easier to find and is aesthetically pleasing!
  • Always throw in a pop of color when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment