Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dish | Cajun Chicken Pasta

This weekend I was really craving some pasta...what else is new?
I wanted something lighter since it's still super hot outside so I decided to try to make Cajun Chicken Pasta for the first time! 
I took a recipe that I found here and mixed it with another one from Skinnytaste! I liked a lot of the basic ingredients in the original recipe but I'm a huge veggie lover so when I saw that Skinnytaste's was packed full of them I knew I had to be daring try the two together!

Ingredients
(1) Pound Chicken Breast Strips
(1) Medium Red Bell Pepper
(1) Medium Orange Bell Pepper
(8) oz Mushrooms
(1/2) Red Onion
(3) Cloves of Garlic
(2) Medium Tomatoes
(1) Cup Chicken Broth
(1/4) Cup White Wine
(1/3) Cup Milk -I used 1%
(1) TBSP Flour
(3) TBSP Light Cream Cheese
(8) oz Spaghetti Noodles
Parmesan Cheese
Creole Spices- I used Tony Chachere and lots of it!
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions
Prep all of your vegetables, slicing the peppers, mushrooms and onions, dicing the tomatoes and mincing the garlic! Next season your chicken generously with your Creole seasoning, garlic powder and salt; then add the chicken to a pan and saute until cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a plate. Add olive oil to your pan and saute the peppers, onions and garlic until transparent. Once that's done add the mushrooms and tomatoes, continuing to cook until soft. I like my mushrooms pretty soft so I let them saute for an additional 7 or 8 minutes! 
Prepare pasta in salted water according the package directions. 
While your veggies are cooking and your water is boiling; mix together your flour, milk, cream cheese and wine in a blender until smooth. Reduce your heat to medium and add the chicken broth and milk mixture to the pan, stirring until everything has been coated thoroughly. Return chicken to pan, add salt and creole seasoning to taste (again I like a lot of spice so I added a bit more!), cook another minute or too and mix in the spaghetti noodles, making sure to evenly coat everything in the sauce!
Serve with some Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper on top.
Mangia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment